Walk Alongside Ministries is a web-based, Christian lay ministry sharing resources that equip people to be there for others, by providing emotional and spiritual support, as together they walk through life with the God of the Bible.
Walk Alongside Ministries is a web-based, Christian lay ministry sharing resources that equip people to be a walk alongside friend, one who comes alongside to be there for others as God has been there for them.
"All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too." II Cor. 3:3-5 (MSG)
We focus on these core aspects of being a walk alongside friend.
Resources include, but are not limited to, articles written by Walk Alongside Ministries staff and volunteers, resources from ministry partners, and links to a variety of pertinent resources. We partner with Network211, the online evangelism and discipleship ministry whose driving purpose is to reach 10 million people for Christ in the next 10 years through Project10Million.
Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
from National Association of Evangelicals